An Alchemy Exclusive! I cannot even begin to tell you how much I adore Jillian & Dustin…sassy, sweet, stylish – they really truly are the epitome of glamorous. Not only do they know how to have a great time, they have such an amazing sense of style – and that style is seriously gorgeous! It is hard to know where to begin because the awesomeness pours out of every single photo!
We worked closely with Jillian and Dustin to create an event that truly reflected who they are, incorporating their unique sense of fashion and innate ability to have fun. Our inspiration started with Jillian’s beyond amazing sapphire and diamond platinum ring. The color palette included sapphire blue, ivory, silver, with pops of lemon yellow and aqua.
Texture added depth to both the decor and their rock-star styling. From the black velvet groom’s suit, to the crushed velvet blue table linens, and the beautiful ivory florals with touches of yellow. Lustrous ivory pearls draped from just about everything – and candlelight surrounded every tablescape. Jillian’s lace-up Jenny Packham dress was made even more fantastic with the addition of her exquisite pearl and rhinestone headpiece. Even the draped Metropolitan Terrace was given a little extra oomph with ambient lighting.
The romantic candlelit ceremony was personalized even more with acoustic versions of Bright Eyes and Beatles’ songs. As guests moved into the cocktail hour they were greeted with a sexy vintage silver velvet lounge area, comfort food hors d’oeuvres stations, and signature aqua blue raspberry martinis were served at the bar. The couple was lucky enough to have very talented family members – they were able to share cakes and wine from the Groom’s family bakery and winery.
The dance party kicked off with a amber-to-aqua lighting change, for a fun dance-friendly atmosphere. Shoes were kicked-off and some serious fun was had! Before the night was over, giant aqua lollipops with custom gift tags were butler-passed to guests, as a nod to the Bride’s sweet tooth and love of candy. We had SO much fun working with Jillian & Dustin!
Special Thanks to our Vendor Team:
- Wedding Photography by Sarah Maren Photographers
- Wedding Venue + Catering by The Citizen Hotel
- Event Design + Planning by Kate Whelan Events™
- Floral Design by Flourish
- Wedding Cakes by The Dancing Fox
- Wedding Invitations + Event Stationery by Kate Whelan Events™
- DJ + Lighting Services by Extreme Productions
- Linens by La Tavola + Wildflower Linen
- Rentals by Classic Party Rentals + Celebrations
- Lounge furniture by Hartmann Studios
- Wedding Dress + Headpiece by Jenny Packham
- Bride’s Shoes by Manolo Blahnik
- Hair & Makeup by Hello Glam
- Grooms’s Tux by John Varvatos