Sometimes you have to make lemonade out of lemons… and sometimes that lemonade blows your mind! Check out this gorgeous budget-friendly wedding. Stevie & Blake found themselves in a predicament, planning their wedding AND finding a cottage to call home.
They were already in contract with their venue and had to make tough decisions, which lead to them halving their wedding budget so they could buy their cottage. Willing to invest in their family and friends for LOTS of DIY, they stretched their budget far!
Stevie and Blake wanted to incorporate a vintage feel with a flair for the wonderful. Together with their talented friends and family, they crafted many of the gorgeous details (a list of the DIY projects is below).
Kate Whelan Events was able to help them the design the event of their dreams within their budget, creating many of the paper elements. Their event was bound together with fun pops of lemon yellow and oodles of love.
- Assembly of Lemonade Drink Umbrellas (Bride and Family)
- Flowers by Jamie O’Brien Scott (Mother of the Bride)
- Tossing Pom Pom Doilies (Bride and Family)
- Assembly of Telegram Programs (Bride and Family)
- Lace-wrapped Votives (Bride) / Guestbook Quit (Bride and Aunt)
- Bridesmaid Charm Necklaces (Bride and Mother of the Bride)
- Tea Dyed Crochet Bridesmaid Gloves (Bride and Mother of the Bride)
Special Thanks to our Vendor Team!
- Photography by Sarah Maren Photography
- Planning & Design by Kate Whelan Events
- Gown by Pronovias
- Bridesmaids Dresses by David’s Bridal
- Bridesmaid Hats by humblebumbleb
- Ceremony Music by Michael Ellis Entertainment
- Reception Music by Cello Sound
- Catering by Grange
- Cake by Ettore’s
- Stationery by Kate Whelan Events