Kristin & Jonathan were married at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church and later celebrated at The Citizen Hotel, both in Sacramento, California. When Kristin first met with Kate Miller Events to design and plan their wedding, they had a mix of two styles that they were sure wouldn’t fit together – but we were able to come up with a concept that met both unique needs while still being absolutely stunning.
Kristin was drawn to rustic design elements – but also adored the upscale modern vintage vibe of the The Citizen Hotel. She was torn and wasn’t sure how to proceed – so we developed a Bendel Botanical design for her, that brought together the classic chocolate brown and white stripes of Henri Bendel, with apothecary botanical florals including moss, sola flowers and air plants.
As you can see – the stripes make the botancial design “work” against the modern vintage aesthetic of the hotel. We created an escort card display from Kristen’s antique mirror, added moss and ferns, tealights and escort card flags were pinned whimsically throughout.
The stripe and botanical theme was also reflected in the stationery and dessert table, while striped ribbon accented botanical arrangements in apothecary jars. Our lighting designer displayed a pattern on the tent lining that reflected elements of the custom designed stationery and amber lighting created a lovely ambiance throughout the room. We loved this unique look and we were super pleased to create a custom design that was so tailor-made to our clients’ tastes!
Special Thanks to our Vendor Team!
- Wedding Planner & Event Designer: Kate Miller Events™
- Floral Design:Flourish
- Photography: Travis Hoehne Photography
- Cake Designer: Sweet Cakes By Rebecca
- Invitations and Stationary: KME Paperie via Kate Miller Events™
- Bridal Hair Stylist: Edward Anthony Concepts
- Bridesmaid Hair Stylist: Styles by Renee
- Makeup: Makeup by LeiLani
- DJ, Lighting, & Photo Booth: Exquisite Entertainment
- Rentals: Classic Party Rentals
- Ceremony Venue: St. Paul’s Episcopal Church
- Reception Venue: Citizen Hotel