Samantha is helping us get caught up in the Real Weddings department, here on the KME Blog! Annie & Troy’s wedding was recently featured in the latest issue of Real Weddings Magazine!
Annie & Troy’s fabulous wedding took place at B’nai Israel Congregation with an evening reception at The Citizen Hotel overlooking downtown Sacramento. In our first design meeting, Annie brought her Marc Jacobs handbag that was gifted to her from Troy and asked that we base the color scheme off of the slate gray and deep aubergine palette of the bag. We used a vast array of blues with a pop of violet to accent the custom stationary, napkins, flowers, lighting and candles.
Annie and Troy added an element of personalization to their wedding through eclectic details that were showcased throughout. Each table was named after a street that had played a signifigant role in their history, both individually and together, and was identified by Luxecut street signs cut from white acrylic. Guests read the mini story of their assigned street on a large seating chart in the Citizen Metropolitan Terrace Lobby.
Annie and Troy’s love for music was highlighted by the escort cards, which also doubled as favors. A display of vintage CDs with redesigned U2 and Weezer covers, featuring none other than the bride and groom, were prominently displayed as a unique touch. The night was “topped off” with an old-fashioned ice cream bar, served from an old fashioned dipping display, adorned with a festive array of treats to complete each guests’ sundae.
Special Thanks to our Vendor Team!
- Wedding Planner & Event Designer: Kate Whelan Events™
- Floral Design: Flourish
- Photography: Sarah Maren Photographers
- Invitations and Menus: Cat Seto
- Reception Stationery: Kate Whelan Events™
- Cinematographer: XSiGHT Video
- Bride’s Dress: Monique Lhuillier
- Bride’s Shoes: Jimmy Choo
- Band: Pop Rocks
- Custom Acrylic Table Names: Luxecuts®
- Rentals: Classic Party Rentals
- Lighting: Extreme Productions
- Ceremony Venue: B’nai Israel Congregation
- Reception Venue: The Citizen Hotel